
So...little about me, I'm 26, single, and enjoy long walks on the beach, haha. The only other being's health I have to worry about besides my own is my dog's. After making those goals yesterday I kind of felt ashamed. Here I am feeling pressure and weight of goals of things that are so basic and so simple its sad I've gotten to the point to where they have to be goals in the first place. Then I looked at my dog, Rory. I seriously put so much thought into the amount of exercise, vitamins, dental care, socializing, etc. that she gets and it has paid off. She is a good looking, healthy little mutt! So....why can't I do those same things for myself?? It was a big realization to say the least. So now my dog is my health-pacer. If she gets all her omega 3's, vitamins, and healthy doses of control eating a day- then so should I. If she gets a snack, so do I, and so on. My friend and I were talking today at work and she admitted she feels the same way about her plants, go figure. I guess we all have our examples in life, lol!
K,
ReplyDeleteI was chuckling all through your post mostly because I think I do that with my kids. Must be a female trait;)
And don't worry if your goals seem simple. Simple goals lead to great accomplishments with just a little follow through.
Good luck and Welcome to the blog. I am so glad you joined us.
Ha! I found myself doing the same thing with my kiddo! He eats healthy and only at certain times and his desserts are very limited and he gets vitamins and I make sure he only gets so much TV/computer/video game time. I'd be doing great if I did the same things for myself!
ReplyDelete