Is there anything that helps womanly cramps as much as chocolate??? If there is I have yet to find it. I do really well all month, but then eat everything chocolate in front of me during the days of doom and spend the rest of the month trying to undo the damage caused by that chocolate. I wish I could stop but there seems to be very little relief in that area without chocolate and when it is happening all I want is relief. I've tried exercising (ow!), taking hot baths, reading a good book, complaining to my husband, rice bags, a lot of drugs, massages, getting pregnant (not working), herbal tea (yuck!), curling up in the fetal position and moaning, etc. but nothing works as well as chocolate. I even try getting it out the house before that time comes, but then my poor husband gets tired of me complaining, whining, and groaning and gets me a Twix bar. This may seem silly, but it's actually something I have to deal with every month and I'm sick of starting over with weight loss after this monthly setback. Does anyone else have this problem or have other ways of dealing? Help please.
Try taking CalMag. Calcium with Magnesium. My sister swears it helps with her chocolate cravings.
ReplyDeleteI just want everything during that fabulous time of the month and I definitely feel the same setback. Grrr! I would LOVE some help and suggestions on this too.
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate too around AF. Actually I love chocolate anytime. I have heard about taking Magnesium as well, though I have never tried myself.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.livestrong.com/article/110754-chocolate-menstrual-cramps/
ReplyDeleteCheck out this article- looks like its whole grains and calcium the body really craves during week of death.
P.S. was it really necessary to post an image of absolutely fabulously looking chocolate? I feel like binging right now just by looking at it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the help! I loved that article K- it was really useful and I liked how they explained that chocolate cravings are normal and why I'm having them. Ok, whole grains, calcium, and magnesium it is! Uh, is there a way to have magnesium that isn't really gross...?
ReplyDelete