Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not So Good of a Day

I just had to vent for a minute. What a day! I started out thinking I would get a great workout in today at my new gym. Well, I was wrong. It was "supposed" to be with a trainer but ended up being a plot to get me to sign up for personal training for at least a year. WHAT A JOKE! I WASTED my hour and a half of free babysitting to listen to something that tried to make me feel like I would NEVER reach my goals or "become beautiful" without their help. HOGWASH!

I see people everyday work hard, eat right, get enough sleep and they look great! I don't need to be a certain number to be beautiful. I ALREADY AM BEAUTIFUL. I just want to treat my body with respect and love, instead of abuse and dislike. How sad. As upset and disappointed as I am, at least I am married to the most amazing husband in the world. He loves me just the way I am. He never even mentioned me needing to lose weight. He just asked me if I was happy!

So, as for today's goal's being met, I hope this vent will motivate me to exercise tonight while I watch BL (Biggest Loser) and that I will start tomorrow with writing my WW points down faithfully. I did pass up dessert at my sister-in-law's house and have done well with my eating throughout the day. I just need more water. I am super excited to start a new day at the gym tomorrow!

Silly world, don't you know people are beautiful the way they are. You go to the gym to take care of yourself, not to make you beautiful. Oh well, at least that is what I believe! ~ Wendi

3 comments:

  1. Wendi! I'm so sorry that it was a bad experience. People can be so silly, especially when it comes to the way they think you should look. I love your attitude that you go to the gym to be healthy not to "become beautiful"! I love your word on that HOGWASH, it really is. I have always thought that you are beautiful, ever since I met you, but that doesn't matter either. You just have to feel beautiful inside and out and don't need anyone else to tell you you are or not. I hope you enjoy your gym experience tomorrow a little more and I think it's awesome that you know who you are and what you want.

    Oh, and kudos for passing up the dessert! I went to two church meetings today and had to turn down dessert at both of them! Everything from cinnamon rolls, donuts, sugary muffins, and eclairs. Whew, I felt so good with myself for actually passing, but it was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. Thank you for sharing your challenges and inspiring me to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Wendi!!! and good job passing up dessert. I will be honest today did not go according to plan and so I will be using my free day but that's okay there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been frustrated as well.

    ReplyDelete