Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Social Shakes

Well, my About Me post and this one seem to have been swallowed up in Blogger space so I thought I'd just post them again instead of wait for them to magically appear someday.
Husband: "Let's go get Iceberg shakes!"
Me: "No." Inside my head: "Yeah me!  I've been so good all day and am going to get all of my points. It's been hard but I made it through. Take that shakes!" (Yes, I have an inner dialogue like this going on all the time.)

Husband: "You know, I'm leaving for Drill this weekend and am on flood watch so I might not even see you for two weeks after I leave and I really want to do something special with you tonight... so let's go get some shakes."
Me: "Okay, sweetheart."

So along with emotional eating I can now add social eating as one of my weaknesses.  Oh, and while I'm at it I might as well add bored eating to the pile:)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! This sounds so familiar to me!! And I always think my husband and I can split something but we have vastly different tastes so this gets challenging. The good thing about going out for ice cream though is that leftovers are just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pictures really makes me want a shake. Of course it is late and I am tired and being tired always makes me want treats so does that make me a tired eater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am a bored eater. When I have nothing to do I start thinking about whats in the kitchen. Yes, that shake looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know....I've been thinking about this a lot. I love social eating, it is an excellent bonding agent for relationships and I don't believe it is all bad. On my mission we had several transfers where we would hold "sweets fasts" and eat as healthy as we could, allowing no sweets in our apartment at all. However, because I served Latinos, who are very personally connected to the food they serve, we had a rule that the only way we would only be able to eat any sweets were if they were served to us without us being asked in advance. This actually made refreshments so much more enjoyable and made it more of a special occasion. I don't know, it's just "food for thought" -haaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Social eating is where I totally blow my day on treats! My kids come home from school at staggered times, and of course they want a snack, which is usually a cookie, and of course, I eat something to be social with them. Then, my husband comes home, and if we go do something, it's usually food-related, because really, what else is there to do for under $5? Ok, so we go to the temple together, but afterwards we want to spend some time together talking, and...TREATS!! Or, we go for a walk, and want to keep talking once we're back, and... you guessed it, TREAT! I think we're all conditioned that to be social, we need something to munch on (although, I sure enjoy it!). :)

    ReplyDelete