Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Sometimes things are just Crazy!

As most of you are aware, blogger decided to go loco yesterday. Not sure if we will ever get the comments and posts back that we lost but we can hope they get it all straightened out.

Just wanted to let you all know that if you tried to post/comment yesterday but were unable to still give yourself the points.

How is everyone doing as we near the end of our first week? I know I have had my fair share of weak moments and actually had to use my free day on the second day. This has been a busy stressful week for me. I am making a wedding cake for my cousin's wedding tomorrow (with the help of my sister). Unfortunately we have had to do it with our kids underfoot which has proved exciting at times. I am trying to learn that life is always full of stressful things and I can always come up with an excuse to indulge but what I really need to do is remind myself how much happier I will be if I don't. Seems so simple but it is such a struggle for me.

Okay moving on, tomorrow I am running a fun run 5k race which I am pretty excited about. It is free which is always a bonus and the weather should be really nice so I can just go out and enjoy my run. My hubby is even going to take the kids on the 1 mile fun run so I can do the 5k race sans stroller. I do wish I could be there to see them finish though. My little E has been talking about "finishing the race" since my last 5K a few weeks ago. It makes me smile inside when I see my kids enjoying healthy activities.

Okay so this has kind of turned into a ramble post but I do hope everyone is doing well and enjoying our little challenge. Don't get discouraged if you've had some slip ups or bad days. This blog is about improving and becoming better, not beating ourselves up when we mess up.

Have a great night and a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your run was good, Cam!

    And thank you for your encouragement. I've had a few unprepared days that have left me slightly discouraged but you are so right, this is about improvement. And I can honestly say, despite what my number may reflect, I have improved.

    Thanks again for being so awesome. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you are running races. I have never done a 5K. Maybe i should make that a goal. We'll see how i do walking for now.

    ReplyDelete