Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Why?

So why do you want to be healthier? I’ll tell you why I do. Yes, it would be nice to lose a few extra pounds. I would like to lose some inches off my hips and thighs. But mostly I want to be healthy on the inside. I want to know that my heart is working optimally. That everything is functioning as it should and that my brain is getting the nutrients it needs to stay smart. I want to be able to grow another baby inside me without the excutiating pain I had last time. That is a big motivation. (Even though I am not thinking about another one for awhile. )
Mostly, the weight doesn’t matter to me so much. I want to be an active, fun Mom right now. I honestly would like to be a “pleasantly plump” grandma someday. But I also want to be a hiking, biking, playing, traveling grandma too. We went to Canada this last summer we did a beautiful hike in Banff. On the bus ride to the starting point was a group of senior citizens from all over the world. They were cool and they were hiking their way through retirement. I want to be like that.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "hiking my way through retirement"! What a fun thing. My friend's Grandma told everyone that for her 80th birthday she was going on a long hike in Arches National Park and anyone was welcome to join her. I'd love to be able to still do that when I'm older. I also love the way I feel when I am taking care of myself - eating right and exercising. I want to be healthy so I can feel good on the inside and the out and so my body can do all that I want it to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good to be healthy. Yes, it would be nice to lose a few inches as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I feel like the goal I want to attain is to be well rounded (and not in the belly) but I want to feel healthy physically, emotionally, spiritually. Yes, I would like to lose some weight and hope that I do but I also hope that I will always be able to see myself as beautiful regardless of what size I am. I too want to be the active fun Mom that shows by example what healthy is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. It forces me to put into words what my motivation is. I fear if my motivation is vanity I may not do well.

    I want to feel peace inside. I want to enjoy my life by seeking things that make me feel joy. True and lasting joy.

    Thanks for the moment of reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about this too. Someday I want to be married and then have kids and when that day comes it would be the worst thing in the world to find out I couldn't have children because of my health habits I've developed right now.

    ReplyDelete