Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

This is a Test

Sometimes your body can trick you into thinking it's well. The past few days my costochondritis has been feeling pretty good. The only time I've really noticed it much is at night or if I try to lift something a little too heavy. I don't know why, but for some reason lying down seems to put more pressure on my chest. I have been faithfully taking my anti-inflammatories until this morning.

We went to the zoo today, and it was so crazy busy. I guess we didn't think about it being Memorial Day weekend. Anyway, we were trying to get a glimpse of the elephants, and there was a huge crowd. So I thought I would get my son up on my shoulders so at least he could see. He is 6, but still only about 35 pounds. I truly wasn't thinking that I shouldn't be lifting anything heavy, because I was feeling so good. Afterward I realized my mistake, and it's one I've been paying for all day. Grrr, and I thought I was healing. Anyway, I don't know the moral of this story, but sometimes testing the strength of your body can be a good thing and other times not such a good thing. I guess sometimes we have to know our own limitations and try to grow around them.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I have to admit I am definitely guilty of doing too much too soon after injuring myself. I just hate the idea of having to sit out. Once I start to feel better I try to act like everything is back to normal only to turn around and pay for it later. Not sure of the best solution for this but I do understand doing too much too soon. Take it easy and I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete