Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Scheduling it in

Today in church we had a special adult meeting with our bishop. I am normally in the primary and miss out on these kinds of meetings but the bishop felt it was important for parents to be able to attend, so arrangements were made and I was able to go.

Most of what was talked about doesn't directly apply to this blog but there was one thing that kind of hit me and I felt it very applicable here. He was talking about how things that are a part of our everyday schedule are quite easy to do. They are ingrained in our brains and we often do them without thinking about them. Things that aren't a part of our schedule are a lot harder. Have you ever had something you needed to get done during the day but not had a specific time to do it so it kept getting pushed off and pushed off until the end of the day arrived and it didn't get done? (I will admit I have done this with exercising on more than one occasion.) Adding things to our schedule and routine are certainly not easy and still take time to become permanent but if we never schedule them in in the first place they will never magically become a part of our routine.

I think I have been trying to do to much squeezing things in when there is free time (ha ha) and not planning things in to my day. I am not a super organized person but I still have kind of a basic schedule to my day so this is not an impossibility even for me. I am going to try doing more than just write my goals down. I am going to write them into my schedule and see if that helps.

Just a little food for thought. Love you gals and hope everyone has a FABULOUS Memorial day!

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. When a goal is simply a thought I forget, plain and simple. But if it goes in the planner I remember.

    Thanks for the tip, Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes so much sense. Any new addition to the schedule with naturally take some adjusting to.

    ReplyDelete