Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What it's all about

For almost a year now I have been a part of a fantastic group of women on a blog who have encouraged me to attain better health. I have loved this little blog and the friendships and knowledge I have gained from being a part of it. The problem is it has lost its steam and so the motivation simply isn't there. I still love all the women from the blog but most of them have moved on and I am in desperate need of some company. That is where you come in.

This is not just a diet or weight loss blog. This is a healthy living blog and it's not just for women either, anyone trying to improve their health is welcome here. My only request is that you obey the golden rule, you know, do unto others as you'd have done unto you.

So how does this thing work? Well I am kind of copying my friend and previous blog creator, Audrey, but doing it my own way. I like the idea of a challenge and a little "healthy" competition doesn't hurt either.

So, each day you will have the opportunity to earn 8 points and here is how:

Before the challenge begins you will be setting three daily goals. This can be anything that will help you improve your health. Some examples might be exercise for 30 minutes, or eat all your fruits and veggies, or read scriptures every morning (yep spiritual health is important too). You get to pick whatever you want or need to work on. You get 2 points every day for every goal you complete. So that's six points. The last two points come from posting or commenting on the blog. Every day you post or comment you get two points. For a total of 8 points a day.

Now as if that wasn't enough I am throwing in an additional 20 points at the end of the challenge for achieving a challenge goal that you set at the beginning of the challenge. There might be an extra challenge or two thrown in too so be watching for that. Oh, and I almost forgot you get one freebie day where no matter what you get all 8 points, but you have to use it all on one day.

Just a side note: If you choose exercising as one of your goals, you get a two point freebie on Sunday. After all, I don't want anyone feeling like they have to break the Sabbath.

Okay so is that clear as mud?

Here is an example:

Challenge goal: Organize basement family room (20 points at end of challenge if completed)
Daily Goal 1: Exercise 30 minutes (2 points daily)
Daily Goal 2: No eating after dinner (2 points daily)
Daily Goal 3: 8 hours of sleep (2 points daily)
posting/commenting: (2 points daily)

Our first challenge will start on Monday, May 9th. It will be a two week challenge ending on Saturday, May 21st. The goal is to get as many points as you can and win the challenge. I am trying to think of a nice incentive prize for our inaugural challenge but honestly the real reward is bragging rights.

What do you think? Are you up for joining me? If so send me an email at mrs_milly(at)hotmail(dot)com and I'll add you to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment