Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Doctors

I have seen my share of doctors the past year and a half. I went today to see about my chest pain. I was half wondering if I had developed a severe case of heartburn since it wasn't lung or heart related. Nope, I found out the pain is most likely inflamed cartilage around my ribcage. Fun, so the best I can do is take it easy, no heavy lifting, and some anti-inflammatory drugs. Blah.

I mentioned I have had some trouble going full-term on my pregnancies. As part of my thorough workup, the specialist Dr. wants me to have a hysteroscopy and clean out any potential problems from my uterus. It is basically a D&C procedure, but the Dr. will also check things out with a scope (mini camera). That is tomorrow morning. Pray for me, wish me luck, cross your fingers...etc etc.

If all goes well I can prepare for trying to get pregnant again. I just hope this chest pain goes away. How come it feels like my body is falling apart and I am only 31 years young? Man, if this is what my 30s are like, I hate to know what my 40s will be.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for tomorrow's appointment--I hope everything works out well for you and that you're able to get feeling healthy again quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my prayers! I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your in my thoughts, Amy. You actually have been since your last post. I wish you well and pray everything went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you the best- will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. Things did go well. The doctor said he didn't see anything, so it was just an annoying surgery, but I do have the peace of mind that I have done all that I can to have a successful pregnancy. I even went to the temple yesterday for extra blessings. Sorry, I feel like a drama queen lately. Things are quieting down now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, so glad to hear things went well today. Hope you are feeling alright despite the uncomfortable procedure. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete