Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Power of Vulnerability

 My brother sent me this talk and I LOVED it!! I think it has a lot to do with what we are doing on this blog and well worth 20 minutes of your day to listen to. It is in recognizing and admitting our weaknesses and those things that defeat us that we gain the power to fight and eventually overcome them. YEAH!!!
 
Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability | Video on TED.com

4 comments:

  1. I keep trying to comment but it won't let me! Anyway, I hope this works. I liked this video... I think I'd need to watch it like 5 times to start understanding and comprehending it to see how it would really effect me. I definately can do better on this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I liked when she said Blame is what we do with pain and discomfort. I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole vulnerability thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me it kind of seemed like a different way of describing the benefits to humility; admitting/acknowledging our weaknesses and accepting that we are not perfect but still worth being loved. Then, with that kind of foundation, working towards becoming better is not so daunting or frustrating and life is a lot more livable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this was fantastic! It took me a couple days to actually get to watch the whole thing (long story). Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going to have to watch a few more times for sure.

    ReplyDelete