Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Morning.

 
I have amazingly convincing rationalization powers in the early mornings of the day. No matter how motivated I am the night before to be different the next morning, no matter how many motivational speeches I give myself in my mind, no matter how many different alarm clocks I place in different places throughout my house, and no matter how many times the snooze button goes off, my body is so absolutely determined to not be tricked into waking up earlier than it absolutely has to. "Has to" means serious consequences like losing a job, failing classes, the dog peeing on the floor, or missing church. But so far I have not been able to convince my 7:30am brain that I want to wake up at that time when I don't absolutely have to for the little benefits. Things like eating breakfast, having time to get ready for the day without being rushed, time for scripture study and walking the dog, all seem so pointless to me when I'm snuggled in a nice, soft blanket in dreamland. 
Does anyone have any ideas??? I need more than 6 points a day!!
Sincerely,
Not-wanting-to-look-like-the-picture-above;)

4 comments:

  1. So, I totally know how you feel about wanting to stay in the warm snuggly bed... mornings are not really my things, but I've had to try that and here area few things I've tried over the years.

    1. I know it's simple, but going to bed earlier is actually a HUGE help being able to get up in the morning when you want to.

    2. When it's really hard to get up I go straight to the shower and that really wakes me up and invigorates me for the day.

    3. Set your clock a half hour early then you can feel like you're sleeping in until 8 when it is really 7:30. It sounds silly but has helped me feel like I'm getting to sleep in a little.

    4. This is kind of like number 3, shoot for 7am then give yourself time to sleep-in until 7:30- a half hour to wake up. Jeff does this and I hear the alarms from 7-7:30, it sure wakes me up:) Them I throw him out of bed... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is so me! I hate getting out of bed in the morning. So much so that I am somewhat envious of my little E who can wake up at 6:00 a.m. and be wide awake an energized.

    Rachel had some great suggestions. For me I have found only one things that works, having an exercise partner. The only thing that will get me out of bed is knowing that someone will be waiting for me and probably very mad at me if I don't show up. This cannot be someone living in the same house either. My husband, bless his heart, is a horrible exercise buddy. Roommates and sisters living in the same house make lousy partners too. It's nice to have someone close by but not the next bedroom, know what I mean?

    If you absolutely cannot find a partner you could also try exercising at a different time. Sorry that is all the advice I have. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate mornings. Actually you can probably tell since all my postings are late at night. Er... I guess that should be a goal for next time - go to bed early. So if I have to wake up at a certain time and I am worried I will set an alarm 45 min. before and another one at 30 min before I want to be out of bed. That gives me room to snooze a little longer and really wake up. If I am really worried about it I will set a 3rd alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, you guys are awesome. Thanks for the advice! I'll try giving them all a shot;)

    ReplyDelete