So, I finally made some time to introduce myself--I've been postponing doing this because I'm new to blogging and thought I'd need to devote some time to figuring out how to do this. I'm afraid there will be no photo because it took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to create a new post and my "free" time is almost up. Sorry! So, this already tells you something about me and my computer skills (or lack thereof). :)
I am another of Cammy's sister-in-laws, and if Wendi is the "older and wiser" one, then that makes me the "decrepit-with-one-foot-already-in-the-grave one." Yep, I'm married to the second oldest brother in the family, so that makes me ancient. I've been married for almost 19 years, and we have 3 children. Right now, they keep me really busy running them to band practices, dance lessons, soccer practices, performances, etc., etc., but I love seeing what they are learning and it's so fun to watch them develop into people who might actually be able to grocery shop for themselves one day and hence avoid starving when they leave home and go out into the wide world.
My hobbies are reading, running (I picked this up about 3 years ago), a TurboKick class (because it requires very little coordination--it's about the only time I feel graceful), artwork (I majored in Art Ed at BYU) and spending time with my husband and kids. Several years ago, I smashed my thumb in our van door and severed a ligament in it (yes, the hand that I write with), so drawing & writing have been kind of frustrating since then, but my next set of goals for this blog will include spending some time each day drawing--hopefully I can rehabilitate it eventually. My favorite places to go are Disneyland/Disneyworld & Arches. I love being outdoors as long as I can go back to a nice, air-conditioned hotel to sleep at night. Although, I've told my husband I'll go camping in a tent cheerfully once a year (which I have to follow through on). One place I would love to go to someday is Vancouver--I want to see the Dale Chihuly blown glass pieces that cover the ceiling of a giant walkway in a mall there. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Well, my oldest son is asking for advice on his latest lego project--he's built a 2-foot long airship out of legos. Do boys ever grow out of legos? Rhetorical question, I guess. :) He's almost 16 and showing no signs of ever being done with them. Anyway, gotta go!
Marilyn,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, no boys don't ever grow out of Legos (just ask Jenn about this one;)
Also, thanks for giving up a bit of free time to share a little about you with everyone. I think you are doing great with the blogging thing even if it is all new.
Marilyn, I hope you know that I have always looked up to you. I have never thought of you as "old" but definitely wise. I am so excited you would venture out of your comfort zone and join this little blog.
I don't have much to say about today so i will just answer the question you asked. Where would i go? I would love to take my husband to Austria. It is one of my favorite places ever. And while we were there we'd probably explore around (it is Europe after all - everything is so close). I would love to discover Switzerland together.
ReplyDeleteIn fitness news - I bought myself a hula-hoop today. Yep, i'm goin' old school. It was a pretty good work-out. I'll see how long i can work up to keeping it going.
Ha ha, my oldest brother's room was the LEGO room in our house. We (usually 5 siblings or so) would spend hours and hours making complete cities, space ships, etc. He even developed a complete legal system, elections, birth certificates and races.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lego world and we played with him until he finally moved out of home in his 20s. Sounds like J is right on track with this. Oh, well it's fun and it inspires creativity and is better than video games or tv.
In answer to your question: If I could go anywhere it would be to New Zealand or Fiji. I've always wanted to go to the South Pacific and those would be my two choices.
We Love Legos!! Ok, if I could go anywhere I would go to Europe. Sorry, I couldn't rule out just one country. There are too many great sites to see.
ReplyDeleteWow. Legos. Where do I start? When I said yes to my dearest Nathan 8 years ago I also said yes to his massive collection of Legos.
ReplyDeleteOur entire storage space under our stairs is spilling with Legos. Our carport storage contains the rest of the overflow. It's overwhelming when you first see them all.
Luckily (and this has been a long time coming), he has decided to start selling his DUPLICATE sets. They actually hold their value pretty well because as we all know, where there are boys there are Legos.
Anyway, thanks for your post. I'm excited to hear more from you!