Monday, May 16, 2011
Not so Freebie
So last weekend we went on a little vacation (actually my husband got Lasik but we had to stay out of town to be near the doctor, anyway . . .). I decided to use my freebie day for the second day of the trip. I didn’t want to have to worry about exercising and not snacking, etc. We had a fun day but, guess what I learned – I didn’t feel good at the end of it. The treats and snacks and laziness just made me feel - Bleh. It was a good thing. Yes, good, because it reminded me again that I really am happier when I make the conscious choice to be healthy in big and small ways.
While there we took the opportunity to drive past the Kansas City temple which is under construction. It was wonderful to see. It makes me feel so good to know that more and more temples are being built on the earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, the same thing happened to me when I used my free day yesterday. I was so excited to eat whatever and not worry, but later in the day I just felt bleh and didn't even want birthday cake (for my father-in-law). Before I went to bed I actually had ice cream just because I could, but didn't really want it and felt even more bleh after I ate it. Ha ha, that is a good thing to feel so good all week and then not feel good the day I ate "good" food. I hope I can remember this and not eat just because I can.
ReplyDeleteI am right there with both of you. If only I could remember that bleh feeling BEFORE I eat the junk I would be set.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo of the temple!!!
ReplyDelete