Day one was good but crazy. In fact I barely have the patience to write this post. Logan is screaming in my ear, the house is a sty, and my husband is in the process of cleaning the car because I spilled a dozen eggs in the car trunk. Yeah, good day. However, there is a silver lining. I ate well, went to the gym and am planning on taking a nice long bath when I put my child to bed. I can easily resist stress-chocolate when I know a nice warm bath and a good book are waiting for me upstairs.
I hope everyone had a good Day One completely devoid of goopy eggs in your trunk!
I hope you enjoy that bath and "me" time. That actually sounds really good right now. Hope tomorrow is a little less crazy too.
ReplyDeleteA bath sounds heavenly--enjoy!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI finished my goals for today, but eating only one dessert is driving me to distraction! I know, sounds ridiculously silly, but TRUE!! I was pacing around my house this afternoon, trying to distract myself off of the fact that I wanted SUGAR!!! Plus, when I get emotional, I always gravitate towards comfort foods (chocolate), and when I learned that my neighbor committed suicide (see my update in the Goals section if you want to know more about that), I was REALLY feeling the need of some comfort. Fortunately, Michael (my husband) and I were able to have a long talk last night, and a friend called and we talked for quite a while about things we could possibly do to help the family, but it's still emotional. So glad we have the gospel, but in situations like this, it's heartbreaking for the family because of choices they can't control that their dad made that will affect them forever. Anyway, sorry to be all depressing, this just really took me by surprise. I'm so glad I'll have this great group to chat with--it will be awesome to get to know all of you and learn from your experiences! So excited!!
Marilyn, I am so sorry that you've had to go through this experience and that poor family! I don't have any words of wisdom, but we wanted to let you know you and your family as well as your neighbor's family are in our prayers. It really makes you think about what is most important in life.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for wanting some chocolate after hearing that news! I'm also an emotional eater and feel like I "need" chocolate when I need comfort. I'm so glad you found people to talk to and get comfort that way. You are amazing and I think your challenge goal is perfect, I wish you the best of luck with it.