So, I have a new bishop who is an ex-football player for the Raiders and also a professional motivational speaker. It makes church pretty excited, but he literally treats our ward like his own football team.
While it's hilarious it's also amazing to see the dynamic effects it has had on our entire ward. This is the most motivated and supportive, close-knit ward I think I have ever been in outside of my parents' family ward. The ward itself was only formed 1 month ago, so this is really impressive.
Anyway, today he actually expounded on the team-mentality that he is trying to create. In a team everyone is expected to and supported in doing their part so that the entire team can function as a whole. When a team can successfully do this and look at everyone's progress as the entire team's progress it creates a unity and strength that is extremely hard to come by.
The reason I bring this up is because while reading the blog today and thinking about my own weak determination a lot of days to keep up with my goals, I got thinking that maybe we can kind of create more of a team mentality amongst the members of this blog.
For instance, if we had an overall number of points we set as a goal to reach as a whole by a certain date then...we win! I don't know, something like that though. This makes everyone's progress each others' business and vise verse it makes us more accountable toward the others on the blog.
What do you guys think? For some reason I tend to be more motivated when I know someone else's success is based on my own success.
I love that idea! I think it would be great to work as a group toward a certain number of points or something. Not quite sure how it would work but I like the idea of working together.
ReplyDeleteI think we feel kind of like a team anyway. We are here to support each other and give ideas. A group goal could be fun, but maybe still have our own individual goals.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Okay sorry for the screaming all caps but I probably would have screamed it if we were all in person anyway.
ReplyDeleteI know I for one definitely do better when I know others are counting on me, hence why I have to have a running buddy to meet up with in order to exercise and get up in the morning. I am definitely going to try and institute this team points goal idea next time. Thanks so much for sharing this K. And such a great motivating post!