Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slacker

Hello, I am Shonnie and yes I am a slacker. Not proud of it, but slowly I am getting better. I am married to a wonderful man and have only one little boy. I stay at home with my little stinker and do my very best to make sure he isn't getting into trouble. I spend all day, everyday cleaning just to keep up with the mess. I don't know how you Mothers do it with three, four or even five kids. I can't keep up with the one.  For fun I do art and in the evening I teach a few kids art lessons. I have really enjoyed my young students this year. They all are very talented. 

So I have to brag here for a minute. I am related to the famous Cammy (who started this blog). She is my sister and I feel so special that I am related to her. She is amazing is so many ways and I have to say she is one of the many blessings in my life. This is us (me on the left) getting ready to run a 5K. Cammy introduced me to racing a few years ago and with work I just felt like I would never be able to accomplish this task. Finally the slacker I am years later, I am going to prepare for a half marathon for the end of October with Cammy and Wendi.

I have read a lot of what you ladies have wrote and just want to say thanks for the postings. It keeps me going and helps me know I am not alone with any struggle. Regardless if it is physical, mental or social I know it's not just me who feels like I'm crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Shonnie, I have seen some of your artwork and it is fantastic! Good luck as you, Cammy & Wendi prepare for your half marathon--that is such an awesome goal!! Maybe one day I will get brave and sign up for a 5k. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marilyn. I appreciate that very much.

    If you are interested in running, we would love to have you join us. We will probably do another 5k sometime before October. Heck if any of the girls are interested in any of the races we are doing, let us know. We need a funny costume to wear for this half marathon. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shon,
    You crack me up! You are one of the most go, go, go people I know and I would never categorize you as a slacker. I am excited that you have learned to love running so much and I look forward to some great training sessions in our future. So glad you joined the blog. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete