I don't have much to post about but I just have to comment about the last few days potty training. I followed some program about potty training in 3 days. Don't worry, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Hopefully by the time he enters kindergarten he'll be out of diapers.
Anyway, intense few days. Intense. By the end of today I was ready to give Logan to the gypsies just so I could have a break. He did really well. Surprisingly well. Hopefully it sticks. I'm shooting for 80% retention.
Well, after living in a cave for the last 3 days my neighbor asked if I wanted to go for a walk. Oh, the bliss. Nothing compared to the walk I just walked. And the conversation! Oh, everything was brilliant and witty. The gossip was ripe and I was enjoying every bite of it! 2 1/2 miles was gone in a flash.
I'm always amazed at the importance of connecting regularly with someone. I, by nature, am a bit of a recluse but I bask in a good conversation while walking with a friend. Nothing beats it.
I've had several regular walking buddies over the years. I had a running joke/motto with one friend. Our promise was "What is said on a walk stays on a walk." We'd talk, vent, laugh, console, confide, etc. It became a safe place for each of us.
I have no regulars now. Lately it's been me and the cinema room. But tonight I needed to get out of the house and out of my current attitude. I'm grateful for these little things in life that help us balance everything. Nothing is more healing than a walk and a good friend; I'm grateful tonight for that neighbor that met my need.
I'm just grateful.
Oh Jenn, this reminded me of our early morning running sessions. I still look back on those mornings with fondness and a big smile.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that your neighbor was there for you. Isn't it refreshing when someone comes along and rescues us just when we need it!
Best of luck as you continue the potty training.
Walking buddies are the very best. I am so grateful for those early morning walks i have spent with friends. I miss having someone to walk with.
ReplyDeleteand i am thinking i should add "no phone after 10" to my goals because late night calls are killing me (even if i am in my bedroom already).