First off do you prefer to continue having a goal post each challenge, or would you like to post your goals on the sidebar? Just curious.
Also we will be starting our group summer goal on Monday so get those bean jars ready to go. We will report those points at the same time as the challenge points.
Just to refresh you on how the group will work:
The goal is to reach 1500 points by the end of summer (August 31st). This is totally separate from our challenge points. The way to get points is by overcoming a challenge, stepping away from a temptation, or just doing something that deserves a little pat on the back. You can also get up to 5 points for big things like running a 5k, or finishing the entire New Testament, etc. Just get a bean jar or put a paper on the fridge you can put a tally on each time you get a point. Remember these don't have to be big things. Even something as simple as walking away from an open bag of potato chips on the table or getting out of bed and going to the gym even though all you really want to do is push snooze and roll over. This is about acknowledging the little things we do that helps us reach our larger goals.
Lastly I will be out of town for much of this next challenge. I still plan to participate where I can but I don't know if I will have internet so if you don't hear from me it isn't because I gave up on the blog. I need this blog more than even right now.
Okay, I think that's everything so get those thinking caps on and post your goals for the next two weeks. There is nothing like the feeling of starting off fresh.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy goals for challenge 5:
ReplyDelete1. No grazing
2. exercise 30 min. every day
3. do my weekly room jobs each day
I am excited about the group goal. I've got my bean jar ready! Good motivation.
Have a good vacation, Cammy. We'll take care of the blog while you are away.
My goals:
ReplyDelete1. No second helpings. Fill my plate with correct portions then stop there.
2. No treats unless someone offers it to me- then have a taste and enjoy it.
3. Exercise every day.
Challenge: Catch up on my personal blog.
Ok lets think
ReplyDelete1) I must shoot for 2 miles a day walking or jogging
2) Going to bed by 10 again. I MUST DO IT this time.
3) No eating out, no Pepsi runs (I gotta quit that stuff).
Challenge: Pack all the junk. That's right folks - WE ARE MOVING!!!
It was kind of hard to decide on my goals this time especially with my vacation but I think these are doable challenges.
ReplyDelete1. Exercise 30 minutes a day.
2. Drink 64 oz of water each day.
3. Have daily personal scripture study.
Challenge goal: Not to gain weight while on vacation.
P.S. Amy, congrats on the move, I hope all goes smoothly for you.
Oh yeah, my challenge goal:
ReplyDeleteFinish Alma in the next two weeks.
Sorry, I'm running a little late this challenge! I should make it a goal to actually finish a challenge! Anyway, here's the line up...
ReplyDelete1) Read/study scriptures
2) Eat at the table for all meals and snacks
3) Drink 2 large green cups of water
Challenge: try 4 new recipes from the heart healthy cookbook I just got from the library.
I think I may have bit off a little more than I can chew with this challenge. Still trying to stay strong.
ReplyDelete