Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Group Goal


I have a great idea for our group summer goal that I want to present to all of you and see what you think. I will be honest I am pretty excited about this idea because I think it encompasses what this blog is all about and I am hopeful that it will be helpful to everyone too.

Do you all remember the post that Leslie did a few days ago about overcoming her desire for comfort food when she was frustrated? Well, that is what gave me the idea for a summer group goal. Basically this is how it would work, every time you overcome a challenge, step away from a temptation, or just do something that deserves a little pat on the back you get a point. I am also thinking of allowing 5 points for big things like running a 5k, or finishing the entire New Testament, etc. At the end of each week or challenge we can report our group goal points and see if we can reach a certain amount by the end of he summer. How does 1500-2000 points sound or do we need to go higher?

Now if we do this my one concern is it may get a bit overwhelming trying to keep track of all the points. I can add a sidebar to keep a tally but I was also thinking if everyone can figure out something to do at home to keep track that might help. Whether that is putting a penny or a bean in a jar or keeping tally marks on a paper on the fridge or whatever it takes to keep track.

Anyway, that is my grand idea so let me know what you think so we can get started.

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Love it, love it!

    So this would be a separate tally from our 2 week challenges, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea! What happens if we meet our goal? I think it would really help me to have something to work towards. Also, I like the idea of a jar that I can just drop beans in and then count up later and not have to worry about keeping track of those points as well as my regular ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, yes this would be completely separate from the 2 week challenges.

    Rachel, I have been trying to come up with an incentive if we reach our goal. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete