Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Friday, June 10, 2011

This blog must be working

Here's how i know.
Yesterday I was getting frustrated over something. I couldn't find what i needed and it was stopping me from doing other things i needed to do. Automatically I headed toward my treat cupboard. But then i stopped and told myself "No, you are not hungry, you are just frustrated" and i went back to trying to solve the problem. And then my next thought was "Wow, wouldn't Cammy and Jennifer, and Rachel and Amy and K and Nicole, etc. be proud of me for being aware of my eating trigger!?!" So even though i don't know most of you personally, you helped me celebrate that little victory yesterday. Thanks everyone. And i will be celebrating with all of you too!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Leslie!!! This is exactly what this blog is about. It is the small and seemingly insignificant victories we have that will get us to our goals. Way to go, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are proud! I know what you mean, I feel like I have all of you in my head encouraging me and riding the waves right along with me.

    And don't you feel more in control when you actually know what's going on emotionally instead of going to your default coping mechanism which, for many, is food? I constantly ask myself, "what's really going on here?"

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I kind of did something similar the other day. I felt all groggy and heavy and tired and normally I would take a nap while the kiddo was in "quiet time" and then I'd feel better. But, after really thinking about why I was tired I realized that my body was feeling lethargic because I'd eaten too much- so I exercised instead!! I felt so much better afterward and I completed one of my goals for the day. Thanks guys for helping me start thinking about how I'm feeling and why (it's a slow slow process but I'm glad I've started it!)

    ReplyDelete