Okay gals(and any gents who are thinking about joining our awesome group) time to start thinking about our next challenge and deciding how we want to proceed. I want everyone to think about what you have found works and doesn't work for you as well as a few things I have listed below and reply to this post. As an added incentive I am turning this into our BONUS for the week. So by commenting on this post you get an extra 5 points.
1. How long a challenge? Do you like a short challenge like this one week one we are trying out or would you like to see a little longer challenge like maybe 3 weeks.
2. Are you happy with how the points system is working? Would you like to see more points, fewer points, a change in points all together?
3. Several of you have brought up ideas that I wanted to get your feedback on.
a. Having a group total points goals that everyone helps work toward.
b. Having a group mileage total that everyone helps work toward.
c. I loved the idea of competing against a sister blog but since I don't know of another blog that we can do this with I came up with the idea of pairing everyone up at random into two groups or partnerships and competing for top combined points (Think Biggest Loser).
4. Anything else you want to suggest, change, discuss?
Okay I want to hear from all of you.
I feel 3 weeks would be too long. I like the 2 weeks. That way in my mind weekends aren't necessarily always "free days."
ReplyDeleteI really like the simplicity of the points. I'm always comparing it to that other blog we joined together. That was way too many points to keep track of. I think simple is best. And I love the free points per goal instead of per day.
I'm not really motivated by competition but I realize I'm a minority. I enjoy competing with myself but not with others. I like the idea of group points or mileage to hit a goal and maybe we can come up with a reward like a get-together or a weekend get-away at the end of the summer. Something like that motivates me.
Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm really liking how things are going, Cam. You are doing a great job and I'm diggin' your vision for this blog. Thanks for starting it.
I like 2 weeks too and I LOVE the pairing up team-mate idea, talk about pressure to keep your goals;) I wonder if there's some kind of app that we could add to the blog to where people could enter their daily totals? I've found by the end of two weeks I've stopped keeping track and have no idea how many points I have.......
ReplyDeleteI like the two week challenges- although the 1 week is fun every once in a while, because I keep telling myself that I can do anything for a week!
ReplyDeleteI also like the idea of teaming up or doing a group thing- I work well when others are counting on me, but I don't want anyone to feel bad if they "let someone down" because they had a bad week.
The points are good, but I would like a reminder at the end of the challenge (maybe where we post our points) of the possible total and things like challenges and bonuses because I tend to forget stuff like that.
I think it is really fun, but would also like to do updates as we go so we can post our points throughout- maybe once a week or something? Thanks! This is great. I love how it pushes me to be better and each day try to improve myself.
Maybe we could do a summer long personal challenge as well?? Some big goal we'd like to complete?
These are great. Lots of good ideas and feedback. I am working on a way to post our points on the blog so we can see how everyone is doing as we go through the challenges. Though it may end up eliminating my goal posts:(
ReplyDeleteI like the two week challenges or maybe (maybe) even three weeks. They do say you have to do something for three weeks in order for it to become a habit. I like the point system as is. I agree with K and Rachel that it would be nice to have a way to post points and would definitely appreciate a break-down of possible points on the day we have to post them at the end of the challenge. I'm not really competitive so i would rather work towards some sort of group goal than compete team against team.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cammy! You are doing a great job here. I know how much effort it takes to keep up a blog. You are awesome.
I definitely like the group goal as opposed to teaming up. I know I would feel bad at letting a teammate down, since I am struggling to get my act in gear.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about the daily points. I like them how they are except can I make a suggestion? Can we just do 1 point per goal as opposed to 2 points per goal. I don't know why it bugs me, but I think it would be easier counting smaller numbers. That would put the daily point value at 4 instead of 8.
I think the 2 week challenge is a perfect length. This 1 week challenge seemed so short.
LOL Amy your comment about 2 points vs. 1 point makes perfect sense and probably should be changed. I guess I felt like by having it worth 2 points it gave it more value. I'll be honest I rarely do things the simple way and not intentionally either. Oh the silliness of the inner workings of my brain:)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I like that there are 2 points per goal. It offers some wiggle room for all day goals like changes your eating habits. If I eat awesome the first half of the day and not so great the second half I give myself one point. It's made it less black and white and I'm not mentally giving up on myself if I blow only one meal.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought.