Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Perfect Morning

Ahhhhhh....... there is nothing quite like swimming in an Olympic outdoor pool first thing in the morning with the sun rising up to a blue sky and cool water to swim in with streaks of sunlight trickling through.  It is so peaceful and invigorating.  If only every work out were this wonderful.  I didn't want to leave the pool!

Why can't I remember how much I love this feeling?  Why is it so hard to get out of bed and drive 15 minutes?  I'm hoping if I acknowledge "work-out highs" then I'll be more likely to seek after those highs again becoming more and more motivated.  Will it work? I don't know, but I hope so... that was sure a delightful morning and my body is SO happy right now:)

*Workout tip: End each swim workout with a sprint!  Even if it is just your last few yards or your last 100m- whatever you feel like you can do- push your self as hard as you can go so you finish on a high.  (Then you can cool down slowly, but if you finish your workout part this way you'll be amazed what your body is capable of and you'll feel great!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine swimming laps in an olympic sized pool yet. I still need that little break every 25 meters, LOL. Maybe one day I will get there. I'm swimming tomorrow so I will definitely give your sprint at the end a try. Glad you had such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky in Wyo -
    Man, I love, love, love swimming laps. We've been so broke the past 3 or 4 months, that I let our rec center membership expire. And swimming is the one thing I miss the most. I'm hoping to be able to get our membership back some time this month so I can swim again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you Becky! This last year I've only been able to swim every few months (my husband was looking for a job and we were also broke!) It's so hard to have to give up stuff like swimming, especially when you enjoy it so much. Good luck! I hope you can swim again soon! I'm also hoping to find a good pool to swim in when we move to Wyo in a few weeks:) What part do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! I am really not good at swimming, but you girls make me want to dive in and try it anyway. We are lucky enough to have a company pool we can use. I just don't dare.

    ReplyDelete