Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Instructor

I want to know what everyone's exercise routine is. Do you have one? Do you mix through several different exercises? What time do you work out?

Lately i have been cycling through all my exercise videos (I had to dust off a few of them before putting them in the player).

Here are some words of "wisdom" from some of those fitness video instructors -
"Squeeze those little thighs, they are going to carry you through a long happy life!"
"Soften your face."
"Squeeze that behind! If you don't - no one else will!"
"Breathe in for me. Now breathe out for me." (mostly i breathe for myself, but . . .)

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I change all the time, but I try to do at least 3 aerobic activities each week- swimming, running, biking, Zumba, Power90 videos, etc. I also try to do a few "other" workouts such as yoga, stretching, weights, etc.

    I also try to throw in Ab Ripper 200 and push-ups a few times a week to supplement.

    I mostly do my workout vidoes (Power90 Beach Body series is awesome!) during the winter months when I can't get to the gym- that and Wii Fit keep me going. In the summer, spring, and fall I try to workout outside as much as possible with as many family things as we can do- bike rides, hikes, etc.

    One thing I've done recently that I've loved is to do a long power walk first thing in the morning with lots of hills and such, then I'll do my real workout at night. I don't know if I'll still do this when we move and I have no one to walk with, but right now I'm really liking it and it's been great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now my workouts consist of running, biking and swimming especially as I prepare for this triathlon. I like to throw in some resistance training 2-3 times a week, but life has been so crazy lately that I haven't been very good about that. I have a hard time with workout videos. The first few times they are okay and I like them but as soon as I get familiar with them they become a dread and I can't stick with them. I love being outside and lately it has been a lot of fun to include my family and go for bike rides and hikes. As for time of day the best time is in the morning before the Mark leaves for work and when most of my kids are still in bed. If I don't do it then it is realy hard for me to squeeze it into my day. I am not a morning person so this is really hard for me. I am not perfect but I do my best.

    Oh and I also take an Irish Dance class once a week. It is probably the hardest workout of my week but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete