Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Do you remember the old show Animaniacs?  I used to watch it all the time and they had a feature called Good Idea, Bad Idea which was always pretty funny.  A typical clip would go something like this:

Good Idea: Tossing a penny into a fountain.
Bad Idea: Tossing your sister Penny into a fountain.
Good Idea: Giving your dog a bath.
Bad Idea: Getting your dog dry cleaned.

Last week I took a mini trip up to Jackson Hole to visit my dear husband that was doing a concert up there.  For some reason the whole trip felt like a Good Idea, Bad Idea clip- like I had all these descisions to make where one was a good idea and one was a bad idea.  You'd think these would be easy for me to make, but a lot of them were really hard! 

Example: I was at a local BBQ joint and was trying to decide if I wanted the salad bar or the pulled pork sandwich with french fries.  That was really hard for me!  But once I thought of you guys and how you are cheering me on towards all those "good ideas" out there I was able to choose the salad bar... and it was amazing!  The rest of the trip was kind of fun to play "Good Idea, Bad Idea" with myself when choices came up.  When I turned it into a little game it was pretty fun and I ended up making A LOT of better decisions than I sometimes do on trips.  It ended up turning from "What do I want?" to "What would be a good idea and a bad idea right now?"  Who knew childhood cartoons could reach so far:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this, what a cute post! I will have to try this tomorrow especially since I think I chose far tom many bad ideas today. I might have to get the kids in on it too.

    ReplyDelete