Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Love Your Body


Self image has been on my mind lately so today when I got online and checked out Tainer Momma's website I was so excited to see this post:

http://www.trainermomma.com/2011/07/fitness-fable-lengthening-muscles/

Not only did her post have me laughing out loud, but nodding in agreement to all of what she said.

So many people start a workout program or diet hoping to come out looking like someone else (yes I have been guilty of this too) and when they don't they think they have failed. Too often we fail to see the successes and improvements we are making because the end result wasn't what we thought it was going to be.

I was so grateful for Mandy's reminder that much of how our body looks is genetic. That is not to say that we can't look our best and try to be in the best health possible. We just need to remember at the end of the day that it is still going to be our body. It is time to start loving our body as it is and stop trying to change the things we cannot control. I actually put a sticker that says "Love Your Body" on my full length mirror in my bedroom a few weeks ago. I think it has been a great reminder and definitely helps stop that negative talk that always seems to occur in front of the mirror. It's not perfect but it helps.

So what are you doing to remind yourself to love your body?

No comments:

Post a Comment