Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grilled Peppers

So I made a delicious grilled salmon today and for a nice side I tried some grilled peppers and they were SO good!  Everyone just ate them up and my 3-year old also ate a large helping.  They complimented the salmon very nicely and added a nice variety of colors to the plate.  Of course they tasted so good I forgot to take a picture until I'd eaten all of mine so here is a photo from where I got the recipe (allrecipes.com).  I made a few modifications and it worked great and was super easy to make and clean-up.

Grilled Peppers
1 medium green pepper, julienned
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 medium yellow pepper, julienned
1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 teaspoons soy sauce (low sodium)
Ground Oregano to taste

Place the vegetables on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 15 in.). Dot with butter; drizzle with soy sauce. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.   Sprinkle with oregano then serve hot.

**You can also use zucchini and summer squash with the peppers and it would be delightful (I only had the different peppers around so that's what I used).  An orange pepper would be great as well!       

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm this sounds SOOO good especially with the addition of the squash and zucchini. Makes me anxious for my peppers to grow. Sadly I only have one so far this year because two of my plants are recovering from being yanked from the ground by my 2 year old. I guess she thought they were weeds.

    ReplyDelete