Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming.The talk isn't directly about goal-setting, but I think it relates. When we have a desire strong enough we shape our actions to achieve our desires. That is where the goals come in. They put us on the right path to achieving our desires.
Second thought. This is from Galatians 6:7. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Deep thoughts anyone?
Thanks for an excellent post. I think once we have set our desires then we have to stay true to those in our choices and actions or our happiness suffers. When we have righteous desires and go against those then our spirit is hurt a little by our own betrayal. We must stay true to our goals and our deepest desires.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is always a little damaging when we don't accomplish our goals. Thankfully there is the try, try again clause.
ReplyDeleteRight now I seem to be struggling with what I want now versus what I want long term. Anyone else feel that way sometimes? I really struggled this weekend with it probably because I had a little setback on Thursday. I just need to remember setbacks are going to happen and not to give up my long term desires for those "want it now" temptations.
ReplyDeleteI understand that completely. It is hard to see long term sometimes when the now is staring us in the face.
ReplyDelete