Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Long live . . . us!

I recently came across this article . It basically says that just 15 minutes of exercise a day will add three years to your life. Wow, really just 15 min.? That made me wonder how many years are added if you exercise 30 each day. Or if you eat all your vegetables everyday. There are so many factors that go into being healthy.

But then it's actually about adding life to your years, isn't it. I want to be healthy enough that i can actually enjoy my old age. I want to be hiking and dancing and swimming and traveling and reading and learning and really participating in life. That is my main motivation for getting healthy.

So what are you doing to add years to your life and life to your years?

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, I love the photo!!! (I secretly hope I will be that lady some day) I want to be the old lady out there enjoying life to the fullest. What good is it being 107 years old if you are bedridden and miserable?

    In response to your question I think the biggest success for me in trying to add life to my years has been setting goals like doing a triathlon or 1/2 marathon and then actually accomplishing them. It has kind of helped me enjoy the journey so to speak.

    Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard that somewhere. Or some correlation to the amount of time watching t.v. shortens your life?? Something like that. It makes sense though if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete