Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Challenge #8 - Post your Goals

All right boys and girls, it's time to get back to work.

My name is Ms. Leslie and I will be hosting this challenge.
I always loved Back to School time as a kid. And as a Mom I am no different. It is a great time to get back to a routine, enjoy the fall weather, learn new things, and to reconnect with friends. We are going to do all those things here on this blog in our Back to School challenge. We hope everybody is back to join us after a good summer.

We have changed a few things here. We (Cammy and I) are hoping to have everyone take turns "hosting" the challenges. The host will be responsible to post more on the blog, keep the points tally up to date, offer bonus points, and bestow a small prize on the winner (more about that later). Rotating host duties will, I think, accomplish a few things *take some pressure off Cammy, *help us feel a little more ownership in the blog, and *let everybodies unique personalities come through with fresh ideas.

We've changed up the point system a little too.
1. You can weight your daily goals so they have different values as long as your daily total is still 6.
2. No more partial points for goals, it's all or nothing.
3. Commenting is still worth two points a day but you can get an addition five points per week for posting.

So come on ladies lets get back into a healthy routine. Post your daily goals and challenge goal in the comments and lets get going!
PS. I will be posting the challenge bonus on Monday so be sure to check back!



5 comments:

  1. I really fell off the bandwagon these last few weeks. It's time for me to get serious.

    1. exercise 30 min. daily
    2. plan all eating (ie: pack snacks in morning, no grazing)
    3. work on my personal blog daily

    challenge goal: find and register for a local 5K happening this winter or spring. (I have NEVER run a 5K before so this is big)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, were did the summer go. I am posting some goals that I have been posted in the past, but I still cannot seem to master:

    1) No eating any communal food at work
    2) Weight lifting at least twice a week

    Challenge Goal: Finish (painting, paint strip all knobs/bolts, removing all tiles, get window treatment) downstairs bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again it's back to the basics for me.

    1 pt. Eat within my calorie range.
    2 pts. 20 minutes personal scripture study daily
    3 pts. In bed with lights out by 10:30 p.m.

    Challenge Goal: Set up School year job chart and prepare dinner menu for September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming back is so much fun. I need to stick to my guns this time.

    2 pts - To bed by 10. I have always failed this goal. I need to stick to it!

    2 pts - 30 min exercise daily

    2 pts - no overeating. Stick to simple portion sizes without going back for seconds. I am bad at that.

    Challenge Goal: Get back into my online school. I haven't done it all summer. BOO!
    I am pumped. Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of 20 minutes ago or so I FINALLY have internet again!! Wahoo! Going a month without being connected to the wide world is really hard- especially in a new city.

    I've been excited for this challenge and actually have been doing my goals the last few days even though I couldn't post them... so here they are.

    2 pts- read at least 2 chapters in the Old Testament each night
    2 pts- no eating after 8pm
    2 pts- exercise 30mins- 1 hour a day

    Challenge- catch up on my personal blog (a big feat since I took a lot of pictures this last month and haven't had access to my computer...)

    ReplyDelete