How is everyone doing? Amy? Nicole? Cammy? Rachel? Keep that positive attitude. We are into our second week of Challenge #8. You can do it! I hope you all have had the time to stick to your goals and improve your health.
I have been slipping, i admit. I need to recommit. Decide how important this health thing is to me and do what i know will make a difference. On Saturday I went to our Stake Women's Conference and attended a presentation about health taught by a cardiologist. Frankly, it scared me a little. It reminded me that i am not getting any younger and i really need to be eating healthy and keeping active to live a healthy, strong, happy life. So I recommit to mindful eating, exercise, and recording life's joys.
And . . . in case you need a little extra motivation i wanted to remind you about the prize we mentioned. The point of the prize is mostly to have a little token reminder/bragging point to say "I won!" "I stuck to my goals and improved my whole health a little!" (We don't want anyone to feel excluded from hosting a challenge because of providing a prize.) I am talking a less than $5 token for the winner. It could be anything the host wants to give - a healthy snack, a homemade dishcloth, or favorite recipe or flowers or a service (baby-sitting, foot rub, pick-up service, etc.) for those who live close or a "white elephant" gift from D.I. or anything. I chose to make a little homemade prize. I am keeping it a surprise until the end. It isn't big, but my kids certainly think it is worthwhile. YOU could be the lucky winner. (You'd get something fun in the mail!) Keep at those goals, cowgirl up and go!
I'm definitely slipping but thanks to this post I'm recommitting right now! I guess that means I should turn off the computer and go to bed ;)
ReplyDeleteFun! Ya, I have been slipping a bit. Ugh, life just gets in the way sometimes. Stress- it's a killer.
ReplyDelete