Where has the time gone? I went from a 1-challenge hiatus to a 2-challenge hiatus to an all-summer long hiatus. How did that happen? Honestly.... Guess what finally reminded me? Catching up on a seriously long and overdue skimming of my feedreader. Thank you, dear Google, for keeping tabs for me. Also thanking my stars that everyone seems to be on a break right now so I can Man-up for the start of the next challenge. (Actually the only manly thing I will do is refuse to shave my leg hair and let fly some bodily noises in public - who knows).
Breakdown of my summer
1- Closed on new house
2- Painted new house
2B - Bought a new fridge for new house cuz there was a huge empty space in new house lacking a fridge for storage of edible but perishable items.
3- Cleaned new house, and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.
4- Packed up Batcave
5- Moved from Batcave to new house
6- Unpacked new house except for a million (slightly exaggerated) boxes with random items that don't seem to fit anywhere.
7- Cleaned new house more
8- Cleaned Batcave, cleaned more, and more and more. (Hey, I deep cleaned, and did a great job. You're welcome Mom and Dad).
9- Touch-up paint in Batcave, and sadly painted over the Little Einsteins mural on the wall. TEARS
10- Moved remainder of items left in Batcave. (How can we possibly have so much stuff?)
11- Decided I was tired of unpacking, cleaning, painting, and finding places for stuff.
12 - Bought a new water softener because guess what? The current one was only pretending to work but actually did nothing but make a big stinky, frothy batch of stagnant salt water.
13- Attempted to fix Out-of-Nowhere car repairs on hubby's dinosaur clunker car because the thought of going into even more debt for a newer car was scary-beyond-all-reason (also still mad that my stash of NewCouchFund Cash had to be used to buy a new fridge - See note 2B.)
14- Decided to get a newer car even after paying hunkwad of money on clunker car. Hitting myself over the head over that one. Thoughts *sick to my stomach in a non-pregnant, awesome ride at Lagoon, stuffing myself on Thanksgiving or flu-like symptoms sort of way*
15- Car shopped and bought gently used, no-frills, car. My only thought is, oh my gosh, how can a car with no power locks or windows, and an antiquated tape-deck cost that much? But at least the mileage is low, the interior isn't thrashed or smell funky, and boasts 2 cupholders in the front.
16- Fill in above in appropriate times and places - Registering little laddie in new school, meeting some new neighbors, going to new ward *socially apprehensive*, and including any and all July 4th, 24th, and related town festival days activities, and a weekend in Bear Lake and Cedar City respectively. One boating trip and trip to Lagoon later, and that's what I call summer. Unless you include the yard sale I intended to have but didn't - and do I really want to bother since most stuff probably won't sell and shouldn't I just cart it all off to D.I. and focus on selling my van because I am poor now and can't afford it.
17- Summer activities yet to happen, but will probably have happened once y'all get online and read this include - The Davis County Fair, at which I entered some bottled cherries and my friendship quilt seen here in the Living Arts Exhibit. Also we are going to the Demolition Derby. FUN!
Sorry if you suffered through any of that. Not sure what any of that has to do with being healthy or happy. Here is the tie-in.
I am happy when I move into my new house.
I am healthy when I lost a few pounds from all the extra work of moving. Don't really want to throw a damper on that by mentioning I have since gained it back, but I am recommitting myself to being healthy.
Just to show you how cute the wall was, and to think I had to paint over it. *SOB*
Don't worry, we are in the works for a new mural in Mister's new room Lego Star Wars style.

Welcome back Amy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of adventures you have had. We hope you join us for the next challenge.
Wow I thought my summer was busy and I didn't move or buy a new car or any of that. Hope you are getting settled in now and welcome back!
ReplyDeleteThanks. Yay, and we had the yard sale after all. I was thinking once school started things would slow down a bit, but today is crazy.
ReplyDelete