I volunteered to head up the jump rope club at my daughter's school this year. Today was our third class and I am finally starting to feel like I know a little what I am doing. It is a lot of fun but VERY tiring and I am not even jumping as much as the kids are. This got me to thinking about jump rope and what a great, inexpensive piece of exercise equipment it is. If you have a moment and want to be wowed just start looking up jump rope videos on google or youtube. Some of the things people can do are out of this world! Anyway just something to think about and maybe try as a new workout. Plus it is something you can do with the kids!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Jump Rope - Not just for Recess
I volunteered to head up the jump rope club at my daughter's school this year. Today was our third class and I am finally starting to feel like I know a little what I am doing. It is a lot of fun but VERY tiring and I am not even jumping as much as the kids are. This got me to thinking about jump rope and what a great, inexpensive piece of exercise equipment it is. If you have a moment and want to be wowed just start looking up jump rope videos on google or youtube. Some of the things people can do are out of this world! Anyway just something to think about and maybe try as a new workout. Plus it is something you can do with the kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jump rope is fun to get everyone involved. Hula hoop is a similar thing all kids love doing it. It is not as strenuous as jump rope. But I totally credit my hula hoop with a big part of healing my hips.
ReplyDeletePS. The one sweet only is tough. Sugary goodness is starring at me everywhere I go. Stay strong!
Leslie,
ReplyDeleteAre we the only ones in this round? Sure is quiet on here.
Just noticed that stellar Sarah is joining us again. Yeah! It was feeling a little lonely.
ReplyDeleteHi Peeps. Apologies for getting lazy again. I missed this whole first week. I am not sure if I should jump in for the second week or wait until the next challenge. I wanted to get into the running thing, but my prime running time is being eaten up by having to volunteer in my son's class every day. The teacher really needs help since many people who signed up to help have not been showing up. Sigh. Needing some motivation.
ReplyDelete