So, when I'm in my own environment and home I feel in control of myself. I control, mostly, what food is in my home, I know my schedule and can plan workouts/meals/snacks accordingly. When I'm on vacation or visiting family (like right now) I find it a lot harder. I don't control what food is sitting in front of me, I don't really know what the schedule will be, and I find myself losing control. I have to remember that no matter where I am I need to be control. I need to control my appetite and what I put into my body. I can do this... it's just harder. It all comes down to self discipline. That inspires the quote of the day:
"Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways."
— H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteTrainer Momma did a great post about this. Very good insight and advice. Definitely worth a look.
http://www.trainermomma.com/2010/12/fit-momma-question-eating-well-away-from-home/
I totally agree. We just got back from vacation and it is so hard to not know what you are going to eat, or when or where you can exercise.
ReplyDeleteVacation is hard but its fun to find things to do while you are there to exercise you know mix it up a bit!
ReplyDelete