Getting Started (Again) Challenge starts May 29th and goes until June 9th.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello!!

This picture was taken in New York this July
So here we go..... Warning I ramble and probably share way too much! :)
My name is Nicole Young I am lucky enough to be a cousin to all of the amazing Whitchurch girls!! I have been married to the most amazing man for 7 years and am honored to be the mother of two beautiful Children!!
My weight issues are weird there was a time when I actually had an eating disorder and weighed 75 pounds! yikes I know. When I met my sweet husband 9 years ago i weighed in at 100 pounds. I currently sit at 215...ugh! when we got married I was my ideal weight of 135!
The battle started when I got in a car accident and i had to have surgery on my shoulder and then within a week we moved to Colorado and I was all alone while my new husband was in school 14 hours a day. I would comfort myself with food I gained 15 pounds. Then we decided to try to get pregnant. Well we had to do fertility and I gained 80 pounds!!! I was able to lose a little but I was really depressed with having 8 miscarriages. It totally takes a toll on you!
We finally got pregnant after 2 1/2 yrs of trying and I gained 25 pounds with the pregnancy but I was able to get down after I had my sweet little boy! Boy is it hard to adjust but it was worth it!!
I hired a personal trainer and she taught me good things but still my body didnt' wanna lose. I tried all kinds of diets, Nothin, finally just consistant exercise and a good diet things were starting to work.
Well we decided when he was almost 2 that it was time to start trying to get pregnant again. So August 2009 we started and instantly miscarriage I had made up my mind that I WOULD NOT do fertility again. So we kept trying and happily in November our little girl was concieved.
Well her pregnancy was hard like REALLY hard I was in labor at 25 weeks but she wasn't coming so we were put on bed rest which equals NO EXERCISE! UGH! She was born in June 2010 beautiful and healthy!
I got cleared to workout first week in August well the 2nd week I noticed that something was protruding out of my whoha (hehe).. sure enough I had bladder prolapse which meant yep you guessed it NO EXERCISE!! I was looking at surgery but not until November so we did that!
2nd week in January I was cleared to exercise WOOHOO!!! Well 1st week in February i noticed something else was protruding out sure enough this time it was my uterus! OH MY HECK SERIOUSLY!! At this point I weighed in at a whopping ( pause while I barf a little ) 235 that was a lot for my used to be little body.
so March 10 2011 I had a partial hysterectomy and other crap and yep you guessed it ANOTHER 6 weeks with NO EXERCISE! so I finally got cleared in May and since then it has been a serious challenge to get it off but finally something is happening!
I gotta say this has been quiet the journey its been hard physically but emotionally has been worse but I am NOT giving up! sorry to go off on all my drama but I guess I thought that if you knew what has happened someone might be able to give me some advice!
I will try not to be too crazy!! thank you so much for letting me join!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nicole you have certainly been through a lot! I am an emotional eater too so I can definitely relate. I hope this blog helps you out. I know it has been a bit quiet but I will send out a refresher email and hopefully get a few more participants this next go around. Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete